|Whipped Orange Butter|| |
AUTHOR: Shirl Gard
- YIELD: ABOUT 12 OZ (345g)
- 225 grams unsalted butter, softened to room temperature (2 sticks)
- 60 grams orange juice, freshly squeezed (room temperature) (1/4 cup)
- 60 grams powdered sugar (1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest or 4 teaspoons Orange Zest Purée
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 345 grams = Total (12 oz)
- In a food processor or mini food processor, pulse butter until light and fluffy.
- Whisk orange juice, powdered sugar, orange zest, and salt in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the orange juice mixture, a small amount at a time, pulsing until each addition is absorbed.
- Continue adding the juice until all of it has been added, maintaining the emulsion.
- Divide into portions, as desired, and freeze. Thaw completely (overnight) at room temperature.
- Serve soft.
Recipe Ancestry Notes:
This recipe is based on a memory of whipped orange butter that I tasted years ago at a restaurant called " Ye Olde College Inn" in Houston, TX, where we used to go for brunch. They served it with Blueberry Muffins.